Even though mountain housing structures originated in Scandinavia, Russia, and Eastern Europe, they are nowadays icons of world-wide architecture. There are distinct advantages to living in the mountains: it is absolutely breath-taking, the people are more laid-back, the pace of life is slower, the people are friendly, the rivers are clear, the birds are abundant, the mornings are cool, the stars are brilliant, the sunsets are amazing, and it is so quiet.
Today, mountain homes for sale come in all styles and sizes, from the humble unheated weekend mountain property to sprawling state-of-the-art mountain real estate. Long widespread as country weekend homes, these old-fashioned beauties are increasingly being built as primary residences. In the United States alone, 26,000 mountain homes are constructed each year, according to the Mountain Homes Council. Hindsight is 20/20, they say. Anybody who's ever built a mountain home can testify to that. There is always something that could have been completed differently to make the home a better place to live, no matter how pleasant it is. Before breaking ground on your own mountain home project, pay attention to the advice of experts who have seen homeowners make all types of design and construction blunders while building their dream homes. Heed what they have to say and you just may be happier with your own outcomes.
Typically a prospective homeowner contacts a mountain-home manufacturer or packager, which helps to design a floor plan (or customize a stock one), then provides the equipment and various other parts as a package. It is essential then to hire a local contractor to build the house on-site. Building styles and varieties of houses vary based on the area of the country, but since many companies ship internationally, countless choices are available. Consider a company's trademark style and choose one that creates a look you're drawn to (and has a quality reputation).
Getting the Mountain housing Look
Besides protecting your homes inside from fading, a stain can offer a splash of colour. Choose a golden stain to use throughout the house, or pick sheer-colored stains to individualize specific rooms. Hanging pictures and other items on you mountain condos walls is a snap—even with circular condos, pictures will hang straight. And if you move your art frequently, there's no need to cover up nail holes since they blend in.
Benefits of Mountain properties:
- Structural reliability. To this day we see old mountain homesteads still standing unchanged in the wilderness.
- Visually pleasing. Mountain homes are nature at its best. You'll feel at peace with nature in your mountain homes.
- Forever in fashion. Mountain homes today continue over 400 years of heritage in look & style.
- Mountain homes are very cool in summer and very cosy in winter.
- Low upkeep. A mountain home built with treated logs will offer you weather-proofing unparalleled by any other natural material. Mountain homes retain their elegance through all seasons, which leaves you lots of time to enjoy living in mountain housing.
- Mountain homes also have and will always have an excellent reselling value!